August 23, 2007

Hooray For Me!

Well it came right down to the wire, but I just got a job offer for a job starting when my current gig is up at the end of the month. Most of my fellow law clerks got jobs months ago but I got tied up in some bureaucrazy that tied up my application at my first choice. So these last few weeks have been an immense amount of stress while I tried to stall another employer who had given me an offer long enough to get an offer from the first choice. If you're wondering why I'm using pretty evasive language in describing my offer, it's because I'm not supposed to be politically active while employed by this particular employer. While I'm sure the intent of the restriction really refers to participating in some level of campaigning for a political party, I'd just rather not test that theory. I'm not going to discuss my job on the blog and remain as anonymous to any people that don't know me in the real world as possible. I'm also going to ask anyone that knows which job I'm talking about to refrain from posting anything about it in the comments. Anyone that can't figure it out though, feel free to get in touch with me privately.

Hooray!

4 comments:

Dan said...

Congrats for getting a job with [redacted employer]!

'bout time they did right by ya.

Rob said...

Congrats. What better way to celebrate than going to World Cafe Live on Saturday night to check out the Chris Arter Band?

Andy Nelson said...

Congrats dude, I'm happy for you! I was thinking about you today, Laura Lee Miriam and I just watched the DVD of our wedding, and were wishing you were here to play with us. Hope all else is well with you. Let's catch up some time soon!

Deef

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's great news!!

-E Miner